--- Submissions are now closed ---
Join the Craic Film Festival is an independent film festival that puts the spotlight on mental health awareness and using comedy to destigmatise the topic. We accept submissions from around the world and encourage you to submit your comedic films of any genre.
Our judging panel consists of experienced filmmakers and comedians who themselves have gone through the same path of creating film production.
Our 1st edition will take place on April 30 and May 1st, 2020.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us and we will try to respond as soon as possible.
Join the Craic Film Festival is run in association with Ulster University and Northern Ireland mental health charities; Aware NI, Zest and Foyle Search and Rescue. By establishing a working network among filmmakers, producers and marketing professionals, we share one common goal: to forge productive and lasting relationships between independent filmmakers and audiences.
Awards & Prizes
Winners will receive certificates, laurels, and advice on upcoming film projects.
We accept films in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Student Film
All with a comedy undertone!
Rules & Terms
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must have been produced after 2015.
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at Ulster University and made available online
- Nominations: All films nominated for every category.
Official Selection: Films selected for screening will be notified via email. If you received a Nomination email, but no Official Selection email, it means your film will not be screened, but is still a contender for an award in its category.
Award Winners: Chosen from both the Nominations and the Official Selection.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
- We cannot provide refunds.
- By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.